Westchester County, NY
Built circa 1870, the historic building sits atop a hill 25 miles north of Manhattan. Overlooking the Hudson River, a wraparound porch and arched windows were restored and modernized to take advantage of the panoramic water views. New siding, substrates, and weather barriers were added above the porch to replace the original clapboard siding. The brick and stone foundation was repaired and re-pointed where decades of oversight had left it falling to pieces. Inside, insulation was added throughout the house to complete the envelope upgrades. The first floor hosts the kitchen, living room, and entertaining spaces. Private sleeping quarters fill the second floor along with the master bedroom, en-suite and common bath, and laundry. A guest room and studio occupy the third floor, with skylights installed to further leverage the vista up and down the river. Construction is currently underway.